Sometimes it's hard to walk that fine line between healthy and sweet! Other times you just NAIL it! In this recipe for chai spiced carrot bread, Uppma was looking for something that would make a lovely afternoon tea (alongside a cup of chai), but that could also be considered a quick breakfast on the go (alongside...a cup of chai!).
Chai Spiced Carrot Bread
2 large eggs
1 cup brown rice syrup
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons Chai Walli Chai Dust
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups carrots ,grated
1 cup walnuts ,chopped
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Beat the 2 eggs with a whisk or electric beater.
- Mix in the brown rice syrup and vegetable oil.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, Chai Dust and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in the carrots, coconut and 3/4 cup of the walnuts.
- Grease a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan and pour in the batter.
- Top with the remaining walnuts.
- Bake for 1 hour. Test if it is ready by inserting a toothpick and removing it; if any batter sticks to the toothpick, continue to bake until done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
You can keep this bread in an airtight container for up to a week, or in the fridge for up to two weeks. If you like things toasty - you can toast it up in a sandwich press and then add a layer of butter for extra decadence! A big cup of chai is ALWAYS our serving suggestion ;-)