Join us as we share our knowledge and passion for authentic masala chai in our
Art of Chai Workshops, held at our retail space in Summer Hill, NSW, our favourite venues in Melbourne and occasionally at some wonderful food purveyors/spaces around Australia.
TBC. Please sign up to our newsletter to be kept up to date on future workshop dates.
Here's a little more about our Art of Chai Workshops...
This workshop will tantalise all your senses as you see, touch, smell and (of course!) taste, authentic Indian chai. Uppma will deliver this class in a fun, open and comfortable approach for you to learn all about chai; the national drink of India.
Through this event you will be able to:
- Understand the history and culture of chai in India.
- Identify the key steps to create a chai blend - bringing together black tea and specific spices for both their taste and healing properties.
- Identify and taste different varieties of chai and how the brewing method is a vital part of the chai process.
- Be fully equipped to brew chai at home using traditional Indian methods.
- Samples of our signature chai blend to take home.
- Snacks to enjoy during the workshop.
- Learning resources.
- The Art of Chai completion certificate.
- Introduction to Tea in India - An exploration of teas, how tea is grown and processed, the varieties of Indian teas and the history of tea in India.
- Introduction to Ayurveda - An introduction to the ancient Indian natural medicine of Ayurveda, introduction to Ayurveda, Ayurvedic spices and how you can introduce it into your lifestyle.
- Tea-based cocktail making class - A hands on workshop on how to make tea and spice based cocktails and alcoholic drinks at home!