As pioneers of India tea in Australia and around the world, we spend a lot of time training and educating people and businesses on the art of chai and the culture of Indian tea.
Art of Chai Workshops
- Understand the history and culture of chai in India.
- Identify the key steps to creating a balanced chai blend - bringing together black tea and specific spices for both their taste and healing properties.
- Identify and taste different varieties of chai and understand how the brewing method is a vital part of the chai process.
- Be fully equipped to brew chai at home using traditional Indian methods.
This workshop is ideal for those looking for a deeper understanding of chai and learning the key skills for making authentic masala chai at home. You'll go home with enriched knowledge in addition to samples of our signature chai blends, further learning resources and The Art of Chai completion certificate.
We provide private workshops for a minimum of 10 people which will be tailored to your group’s needs. Whether it's a hens, birthday or just a group "activi-tea",we provide a fun and interactive environment. We have also worked with a number of corporate teams and councils to run workshops for team and community building through chai.
Our workshops give you an immersive experience with chai where participants use their sense of taste, smell, touch to learn about the Indian culture of chai. It’s important for us to share valuable information and ensure that each person leaves our workshops feeling more connected and equipped with their understanding of chai.
- Introduction to Tea in India - An exploration of teas, how tea is grown and processed, the varieties of Indian teas and the history of tea in India.
- Introduction to Ayurveda - An introduction to the ancient Indian natural medicine of Ayurveda, introduction to Ayurveda, Ayurvedic spices and how you can introduce it into your lifestyle.
- Tea-based cocktail making class - A hands on workshop on how to make tea and spice based cocktails and alcoholic drinks at home!