We love when our customers get creative with their Chai Walli blends, and we especially love it when they take gorgeous photos to show us the results! In this dreamy recipe, Nidhi from @coco_and_chili has used our 11 Spice Chai to add an extra depth of flavour to pears, creating a delish dessert!
"I loved my Chai Walli chai so much I thought I'd make a dessert out of it!
The spiced chai blend made this dessert extra special and an absolute breeze to whip up! Paired with the smooth and fragrant lime cream, these poached pears make for a perfect Winter dessert." - Nidhi
Nidhi's Chai Poached Pears Recipe
For the poached pears...
4 cups water
2 tablespoons Chai Walli 11 Spice Chai
4 fresh pears (I used Beurre Bosc)
For the lime cream...
300g thickened cream
2 tablespoons icing sugar
Zest from 1 lime
- Put water, chai and sugar into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Peel the pears and add them to the poaching liquid.
- Turn down the heat to a low simmer.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the pears in the liquid and then use a small plate to weight that down, so that the pears are completely submerged under the liquid.
- Simmer for 25-30 mins or until the pears have softened.
- Carefully remove the pears from the liquid with tongs or a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Strain the liquid and then place it back on the heat.
- Increase the heat and boil for another 20 minutes until the syrup has thickened.
- To make the Lime Cream, whisk the cream, icing sugar and lime zest together to form soft peaks.
- To Serve: Place each pear in the middle of their own bowl. Spoon the chai syrup over the pear and then dollop the zesty lime cream on top. Enjoy!
If you have gotten a lil fancy in the kitchen using any of our Chai Walli products - we'd love to see it and publish our favourites! Thanks again to Nidhi from @coco_and_chili for this gorgeous recipe. Photo credits: @HardikShahPhotography.