Gin, aka @scrumptious_munchies, is a a true foodie who has a great appreciation for eating, baking and cooking. We're loving this delicious recipe for Chai Pannacotta Lamingtons featuring our 11 Spice Chai! This mouth-watering treat has been adapted from Food 52.
Vanilla butter cake
- 150gm unsalted butter, room temperature
- 150gm caster sugar
- 150gm self-raising flour, sifted twice
- 2 eggs
- 70ml milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Pannacotta and ganache
- 1tsp gelatine powder
- 200ml thickened cream
- 50gms caster sugar
- 2 Tsp Chai Walli 11 Spice Chai into a tea bag
- 200 gm dark chocolate, chopped
- 100gm coconut oil
- 250gm flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 175 C, grease & line one 8x12 inch tins.
- Cream butter & sugar together until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs. Gently fold in flour, milk & vanilla bean paste. Once just combined, divide batter into the two trays & bake for 20-25 mins (or until cake springs back upon touching/skewer comes out clean)
- Sprinkle gelatine powder over 1tsp of water and set aside.
- In a pot, heat up & combine cream and sugar and heat until sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat and place tea bag into cream. Let steep for 5 mins. The colour should change from white to a caramel colour
- Heat gelatine in microwave for 5 secs. Check to see if gelatine has melted, it should be liquid (continue to use burst of 5 secs in microwave to melt gelatine).
- Whisk gelatine into cream mixture. Strain through a sieve and let it come to room temperature.
- Once cakes and pannacotta have cooled to room temperature, pour pannacotta mixture onto cake (still in their tins).
- Let chill in the fridge for about 2 hours (or until set).
- Once the pannacotta has mostly absorbed, cut cake into desired sizes and stack on top to create 2 layers.
- To make ganache, heat chocolate in microwave in 30 secs burst, mix the chocolate in between each 30 secs.
- Once chocolate is melted and mixture in combined, add in coconut oil and mix.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Spread half the coconut on a tray. Using tongs, thinly coat the lamington in the chocolate ganache and allow them to drip the excess off a cooling rack.
- Place lamington on coconut tray, and using your hands lightly dust the sides with flaked coconut. Repeat steps with all pieces of cake. Refrigerate finished lamingtons