"A challenged world is an alert world and from challenge comes change."
Join us to celebrate International Womens' Day on Monday 8 March 2021. With this year's theme being #choosetochallenge, we are hosting an intimate morning event, to empower and recognise the diversity of women led small businesses in our local community. Come along to start your morning with a yoga session, led by Wei-Yee from Yoga on Earth, and a nourishing cup of soul warming chai from the Chai Walli Chai Bar, followed by an inclusive roundtable discussion.
Continue to open your mind as we highlight womens' achievements and opportunities that address gender bias and inequality. The open and interactive discussion will be led by local legend Uppma Virdi, a public speaker passionate about gender parity and owner of Chai Walli; a small business that seeks to rid the world of bad chai whilst holding strong values for equality, sustainability and community. Freshly brewed chai and wholesale nibbles will be served to nourish your mind, body and soul.
So this IWD let's all choose to challenge. Celebrate women's achievement. Raise awareness against bias. Take action for equality.
- This event is inclusive of all genders and backgrounds
- The yoga class is open to all levels, no prior experience necessary
- Bring your own mat or towel for yoga
- You are welcome to bring a snack to have during the discussion but we'll also have a small breakfast snack available
- Refunds for cancellations are only valid if made 24 hours prior to the event
Getting to Mungo Scott Place, Summer Hill
Street address: 2-32 Smith St, Summer Hill NSW 2130
By public transport
- Train: Take the train to Summer Hill station and exit on Carlton Cres. It is an 8 minute walk from the station.
- Light rail: Take the light rail to Lewisham West station. It is a 3 minute walk via Edward St exit.
- Bus: Route 413, 480 will take you to Mungo Scott Pl
Limited parking available on nearby streets but we suggest you use public transport