Chai Walli Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tsp cornflour
- 1.75 cups of jaggery
- 1.5 cups of double cream
- 3 tbs of Chai Walli (black chai)
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- Put 1 cup of the milk into a saucepan over low heat and stir to prevent it from burning.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the chai (you can add more if you want it stronger).
- Pour 1 cup of milk into bowl and add in corn flour. Dissolve by stirring.
- Once the chai milk in the saucepan reaches boiling point, add the cornflour milk mixture into it.
- Stir the chai and cornflour milk mixture on simmer for a few minutes until it becomes thick. Don’t let it boil over.
- Take the saucepan off the flame and let the chai ice cream mixture cool down. After it cools, place it into a freezable tub and put it in the freezer.
- While the chai ice cream mixture is cooling, whip the double cream for a few minutes until it forms peaks.
- Add the jaggery and vanilla to the whipped cream and whip it together until it is combined.
- Place the whipped cream mixture into the fridge.
- Take out the chai ice cream mixture from the freezer and check if it is chilled. Once it is chilled, whip it for 3 minutes.
- When the whipped cream mixture from the fridge is cooled, fold it into the chai ice cream mixture until it is well blended.
- Put the chai ice cream mixture into freezer. After 30 minutes, take it out and give it a good mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the chai ice cream mixture back in the freezer and repeat this 2 more times. This will break all the ice crystals and give it a smooth, creamy consistency.