Chai Fruit Minced Tarts Recipe
Chai Walli infused Fruit Minced Tarts Recipe (Eggless)
Ingredients to make 24 chai tarts:
500 g apples, finely diced with the skin
500 g raisins/sultana
100 g cranberries
2 tbs of Chai Walli (ground by using a mortar + pestle or spice grinder)
Juice of 1 orange
Zest of half an orange
400 ml water
1/2 cup of jaggery (or any other natural sugar)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
6 sheets of shortcrust pastry (room temperature)
Directions (picture below)
1. Combine all the ingredients (except the pastry) into a saucepan over medium flame.
2. Cover the pot and simmer over a gentle heat for 45 minutes (or until it is reduced to a jam like consistency), making sure to stir every now and then. Make sure not to boil too fast, just a slow gentle simmer.
3. Turn off the heat + allow to cool. If there is some liquid still in the mixture, then strain it out + let the chai fruit mince mixture cool.
4. While the chai fruit mince mixture is cooling, get your shortcrust pastry ready by cutting out 24 circles big enough to insert into your cupcake tray. Then cut out 24 stars with your star shaped cookie cutter. You don’t have to do stars, you can cut out any shape you like to put on top of the chai tarts.
5. Once you’ve placed all 24 circles into your cupcake trays, spoon 1-2 tablespoons worth of chai fruit mince mixture into them. Then place your star on top.
6. Place the trays into the oven at 180 degrees celsius for approximately 30 minutes (or until the stars are golden brown).
7. When your Chai Walli tarts are golden brown, take them out and let them cool.
Enjoy your Christmas inspired chaigasms 🙂 xx